These buns are really soft and milky. Really good for kids lunch boxes. You can make any other filling to your liking. Can freeze them too. If you want to make a batch to freeze reduce the amount of potatoe or use a meat filling.
If you dont like using milk always use water instead.
Soft & Milky Tuna & Potato Bread Rolls
For the Dough
- 725g Bread flour
- 15g Yeast
- 60g Butter
- 25g Sugar
- 25g Milk powder
- 350 ml milk or water
For the roux
- 250ml water
- 45 g Bread flour
- Prepare the water roux.
- Mix flour in to the water and cook on the stove until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add yeast and sugar in to the warm milk. Leave to activate.
- Next add the flour , butter and salt in to the flour and mix well.
- Next add the yeast mix little by little while kneading.
- Knead the dough 10 -15 min.
- Grease a bowl and transfer the dough and leave in a warm place until it is double in size.
- Next prepare the filling.
- Add oil in to a pan and add onion ,chillies , pepper and salt.
- Next add tuna and the dill.
- Next add potatoes and cook until dry.
- Take the dough out and divide that in to equal size portions
- Roll that to a rectangle.
- Fill a big spoon full of the mix and roll to make a log. (Watch Video)
- Put themon abaking tray to prove again.
- After brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180 about 30-40 min.