Always adjust the sugar in filling to your taste
Dates & Condensed Milk Bread Rolls
- 425g Bread Flour
- 120g Plain Flour
- 250-270 ml Milk
- 11/2 eggs (Leave the egg yolk of one to brush the tops)
For the filling
- 40g Butter
- 250g Dates
- 1 Tblsp condensed milk (optonal)
- 40g Brown sugar (Optional)
- Add flour yeast, sugar and mix well
- Next add salt, eggs, and and warm milk and knead the dough about 10 min. Add butter after 5 min and continue kneading.
- Once the dough is ready put that to a greased bowl. and leave in a warm place.
- Add dates, butter 3 tablespoons water, sugar and condensed milk to a pot. boil it until there is no liquid.
- When the dough is double in size break that to equal size portions.
- Then roll to a log.
- Then roll it to a long piece (Watch the video)
- Spread the dates and roll it to a log. (Watch the video)
- Leave in a warm place to prove again.
- Brush the tops with eggs and bake 180c about 20-30 min.