Bacon & Egg Pie bread (Simple Baking)
- 250g Bread flour
- 6g Yeast
- 1 Egg (40g)
- 15g Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 120ml Warm Milk
- Pinch of Salt
For the Filling
- 150g Bacon
- 5 Eggs
- 100ml Cream
- 5 Medium onions finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Cheese (Optional)
- Add bread flour, yeast, egg, sugar, with a pinch of salt and mix adding the milk little by little about 5 min.
- Next add butter and keep on kneading another 10 more min.
- Leave the prepared dough in a greased bowl in a warm place until double in size.
- Meanwhile fry bacon and onion adding any herb or spice to your taste.
- Roll the the dough in to a circle ((to the size of the pie dish) I am using a 24cm dish for this recipe.
- Put the cooked bacon and onion in to the dish.
- Whisk eggs and cream and pour over and shake a bit. (If you like sprinkle some cheese on top)
- bake on 180c about 20- 30 min.
- Cool on wire racks before cutting.(Eggs need time to set)