Soft moist Cake Bread (Bakery Style)
- 150g bread flour + 50g plain flour
- 40g Sugar
- 3g Salt
- 10g Milk Powder
- 5g yeast
- 39g Eggs
- 30g Butter
- 75 ml water or Milk
For the roux.......
- 50g Bread flour
- 35 ml Boiling water
For the Cake Batter
- 65g Sugar
- 65g Self-raising flour
- 11/2 Eggs
- 5g Coconut milk powder
- Drop of pink or red or any other food colouring
- 30g Butter (Softened)
- 20ml Water
- Make the roux adding the boiling water in to the flour and leave in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- For the dough mix bread flour,plain flour with sugar,the prepared dough yeast and mix well. Next add egg salt and the water or the milk and knead 5 min. Next add the butter and continue kneading 10 more min.
- Leave the prepared dough in a greased bowl and let it rise for 40-50 min,
- Take the dough out and roll as instructed in the video.
- Leave in a warm place in a loaf pan to double in size.
- Next make the cake batter adding sugar , egg, butter and flour with the coconut milk powder with water.
- Put the cake batter on to the risen bread dough and bake on 180C about 20-30 min.
- Leave on wire racks to cool down.