This cake is really easy to make when you have collected all the ingredients. The cake can be made before and can keep in the fridge for 3 months. You can cover the whole cake with cream and then cover with shaved chocolate to get a very elegant look.
Black Forest Cake/ Black Forest Gateau
- - 125g of Butter
- - 140g of Plain Flour
- - 45g of Self Raising Flour
- - 2 Eggs
- - 60g of Cocoa Powder
- - 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- - 1 Teaspoon of Bicarb soda
- - 230g of Sugar
- - 190ml of Butter Milk
- - 600ml of Whipped cream
- - Pitted Cherries
- - Kirch
- - Dark Chocolate
- - 20cm Baking pan
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Next Grease the Baking tray.(20cm round pan)
- Add sugar and butter cream for several minutes.
- Then add eggs one by one.
- Next add flours with cocoa.
- Mix well and transfer to the Baking tray.
- Bake 180 c until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and shave the chocolate in to nice curves. (When you do chocolate it has to be in-between the hard and meting stage)
- Leave the cake 30 min in the tray and later transfer on to a wire rack.
- When it is completely cool enough to handle cut that in to three equal size disks.
- Brush each disk with kirsch and apply cream and then lay the cherries.
- Cover with one disk and repeat the same process.
- Cover with cream or pipe rosettes on top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate on top.
- Put it in a fridge until needed.