How to make Baguettes
- 125g Bread flour
- 75 ml Water
- 1/2tsp yeast
- 1/2 Salt
- 270g Bread Flour
- 30g Plain Flour
- 200 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients to the first dough and knead 5 min and leave to prove 2 hours in a warm place.
- Next add the 2nd dough ingredients to a mixing bowl and then knead adding the fist dough too in it adding water and knead 10 min.
- Leave to prove in a warm place.
- Next take the risen dough punch down and cut in to two equal parts.
- Roll to a rectangle and roll to a log and roll to rectangle again and roll to a log and place in a baguette pan or in a tray and leave to prove cutting tops in an angle slightly.
- Brush the tops when its double in size and bake 180 c until golden brown and once knock shold give a hollow sound.