When ever we go out my daughter orders sushi if available. One sushi cost above 2 dollars depending on the filling. But make them at home is very simple. Good for parties as you do it earlier and leave in the fridge. I do it as a big batch and leave in a box for them to snack when ever they are hungry. :)
Home Made Sushi Rolls (Party / Finger Food)
For the Rice
- 3 Cups Sushi /Arborio/ medium grain Rice
- 1/2 Cup Rice vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Several slices of smoked slamon
- Roasted Capsicums
- Wasabi Paste
- Wash the rice several times and add water to 1 to 1.5 ratio.
- Cook on high until boils and then reduce to simmer.
- When cooked add mixed vinegar, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Leave the rice to rest 30 min. If in a hurry use a fan to cool the rice.
- Put the bamboo mat on the bench top and arrange a yakinori sheet on it.
- Spread the rice and the filling on to the corner.
- Next Roll (Watch video)
- Cut in to desired size.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.