Lamingtons (A traditional Australian Cake)
For the sponge cake
- 3 Eggs
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 25g corn Flour
- 25g self raising flour
- 35g Plain flour
For the Chocolate dipping
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 15g Melted butter
- 1/4 Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- Add eggs in to a mixing bowl & beat 8 minutes until its creamy and fluffy.
- Rain sugar in to the bowl while mixing.
- Add flours and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased tray and bake 30-40 min until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Next Cover the wire rack with baking paper and transfer the cake on to the wire rack and cover with another baking paper and leave to cool down.
- Make the chocolate dipping by mixing all the ingredients and leave on apot of simmering water and stir to dissolve everything together.
- Cut the cake to the desired size. (you can sandwich them with jam or cream if you like.)
- Dipped the cakes in chocolate and cover with coconut,
- Can freeze these cakes up to 6 months.