These buns are my daughters favourite. If she gets a chance to visit Chinese style bakery she grabs these with some other filled buns ( I will post the recipes of them too). It cost a lot of money for a single bun. If you make them at home its only couple of dollars and can freeze and leave in freezer up to 3 months.
Chinese pork Floss (Rousong) Buns
- 500 g bread flour
- 20g Milk Powder (Optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 30g Butter
- 7g yeast
- pork floss or any shredded meat
- 200ml Water
- 30g Yeast
- Add eggs,sugar, yeast, flour,salt and knead 2 minutes.
- When kneading add water little by little by little and keep on kneading about 10-15 min.
- After five minutes of kneading add butter and continue kneading.
- Grease a bowl and transfer the dough and leave in a warm place until double in size.
- Flour the bench top and transfer the dough on to the bench when doubles and press down and cut in to 8 equal parts.
- Nest take one piece and roll to the shape ( Watch Video)
- Fill pork floss and then Roll it tight to the end.
- Next bring ends to the middle (Watch Video) and leave to prove about 30 min or until double in size.
- Next Brush the tops with eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds and bake 180c about 20-30 min.