Fish pickle is a famous dish in southern part of Sri Lanka. It taste really nice and can serve it for any occation. Can use any kind of a fish to your tate.
Fish Pickle (Sri Lankan) (Maalu Achcharu)
- Spanish Mackerel or any other fish to your taste
- - 4 Large Onions
- - 2-3 Sweet Capcicums
- - Salt
- - Pepper
- - 1/2 Tablespoon of Ginger
- - 1 Tblsp Ground Garlic
- - 1/2 Tablespoon of Coriander powder
- - 1/2 teaspoon of Fenel Powder
- - 1/2 Tablepoon of Cumin Powder
- - 1 Teapoon of Tumeric Powder
- 1-2 cups Vinegar
- 2-3 tblsp Ground mustard or mustard sauce.
- Marinate the spanish mackeral cubes with salt and pepper.
- Leave the pot of iol on the stove to be hot.
- Fry the fish untill golden brown.
- Add vinegar and all the spices in to a pot.
- Cook until it reduces to half a cup.
- Add the onion and sweet capsicum and cook 1 minute.
- Then add the fish and cook another minute.
- Store in air tight containers.