These cute little spicy turnovers are a hit at my home with home made tomato sauce. When I am busy I like to cook something like this than hanging around the kitchen all the time. After coming home from work I cook the mix and fill pastry sheets and it takes less than 20 min. While in the oven you can relax having a cuppa watching television. As its a full meal with all the nutrients packed ina puf pastry , be hapy thinking that you did something nicer for the family dinner.
Tuna & Vegetable Turnovers
1 can of Tuna or 250 g fresh tuna
3 Cups of Spinach
1 Leek sliced
Some sliced mushrooms
pepper, corriander powder and chillie powder to your taste.
4 puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- Add oil in to a pan
- Cook onion and chillies (Chillies always optional)
- Add spices. and tuna.
- Then add the mushrooms and other vegetables .
- If you find it dry add cream or coconut milk.
- Cut the pastry sheets into four or cut in to circles.
- Add the prepared mix in to the middle and turn over.
- Press with a fork.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180 about 15 -20 min.
- Serve with tomato sauce.