Corn Milk Rice (Bada Iringu Kiribath)
In Sri Lanka Milk rice is a any time favourite and specially still you can see it on any table for special occations and events. Sri Lankans use to serve this with a spicy chillie salad. There are differant types of milk rice. This is one of them. To make it nutritious and colourful they add other grains in to it. Not only it gives a nice flavour also provides a balanced diet. If you are using a canned version of this corn mix it to the rice when adding coconut milk. But when you cook with the fresh its more nicer and its a less expensive delicious meal.
4 cups of rice
8 cups of water
2 cups of thick coconut milk
Salt to your taste
2 large corn cobs
- Wash the rice.
- Add the rice,salt and corn in to the pot.
- Add 8 cups of water
- cover and cook until it absorbs all the water
- Then add the coconut milk and cook on very low heat untill it absorbs all the water.
- Transfer to a tray.
- Press the rice thoroughly.
- Leave to cool down 15 min.
- Cut in to desired size and shape.
- Serve with chillie salad.