Chicken Manchurian (Indo - Chinese Recipe)This is a very tasty appetiser, which is very popular all over the world. The chinese cooking techniques and Indian cooking style gives this dish a unique flavour. The fried chicken marinated in a spice blend or even in salt and pepper and coated with corn flour or plain flour or even in a batter gives a nice crispier look as well as a crunchiness to this beautiful dish. Mixing it the last minute keep the crunchy bites in its shape.
Adding spices according to your taste with the garnishes will make this dish one of your favourite dishes.
This dish can be thickened using corn flour or several spoons full freshly grated coconut and cashew nuts, ground to a paste. The ground cashew coconut mix gives this dish a creamy nutty flavour as well as a rich look and a thickness. And it makes richer in taste as well as nutrients.
1 1/2 cups of stock water
1 tsp chillie powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
3 tblsp soy sauce
ginger and garlic
2-3 green chillies
2 large onions sliced
1/2 cup corn flour
1cup plain flour
2-3 bay leaves
1/2 cup corriander leaves
1 cup spring onion leaves.
- Marinate the chicken witha desired spice mix or salt & pepper for several hours.
- Leave a pot of oil on the stove to be hot
- coat the chicken with flour or make a batter and dip it in.
- Deep fry the chicken untill golden brown.
- In a seperate pot add a little oil and fry the onion garlic ginger and bay leaves.
- Then add half of the corriander and spring onion leaves, green chillies and add spices.
- Cook that several minutes and add stock water
- After cooking several minutes add corn flour dissolved in 3 tblsp water. When it start thickening add fried chicken and mix
- Serve hot.