Wednesday 23 April 2014

Fish & Vegetable Lasagna.



Fish & vegetable lasagna recipe is really a good dish and I thought of sharing this recipe with you all. Every time I come home from work I wish if some one can cook for me. With the busy life style I am always trying to do one pot meal for dinner. I was so tired when I was doing this video. If you find me not energetic when talking thats the reason.
I used a nice tomato pasta sauce that one of my Italian friend gave me after making a big batch for them for the whole year. Its really favour ful and fresh. Not alt all like what you buy from the shop.
I dont like very wet saucy lasagna. I really like to see it in shape when you cut it serve. If it is holding the shape well you can serve it any one proudly. If you can make the sauce a day head its really easy to assemble them when you want to cook.

Fish & Vegetable Lasagna.

Ingredients

  • -  Spanish mackerel or any kind of fish 
  • - Beans 
  • - Carrots
  • - 1 Onion
  • - 20g of Butter
  • - 1 stock Cuber
  • - 30g of Flour
  • - Green Chillies
  • - Milk
  • - Instant Lasagne Sheets
  • - Cheese
  • - Tomato Sauce for cooking / canned tomato or pasta sauce
  • Spices to your taste
  • Salt & pepper.


Method

  • Add fish in to a pot. 
  • Add milk and bay leaves salt pepper and any herb you like.
  • Poach the fish in milk.
  • Preheat the oven to 180.
  • Add the tomato sauce or canned tomato in to a pot.
  • Add all the vegetables and spices to your liking and cook until the sauce is slightly thick.
  • Add the poached flaked fish  in to the tomato mix.
  • Thicken the milk remaining after poaching the fish with flour and butter.
  • Add A spoon flu of the veggie mix to a bottom of a deep baking tray  and spread all over.
  • Then add the lasagna sheets .
  • Then add another layer of mix and lasagna sheets.
  • Repeat and finally add the white sauce on to the top layer and sprinkle  mozarella cheese.
  • bake on 180 about 20 - 30 min until the pasta cooked and golden brown on top.
  • Leave 10 - 15 minutes to rest.
  • Cut & serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment