Falafel is a middle eastern street food. Its totally vegetarian. Its a fried patty made of chick peas and broad beans. I omited broad beans and seasame to make it simple. Traditionally its served with wrapped in pita bread. This can be served as a snack or as a finger food. It tastes really nice. You can always adjust the recipe to your taste.
Falafel with a Youghurt Dip
- 400g Chickpeas soaked and drained well on paper towels
- Fava beans (Optional)
- 4-5 sprigs of corriander leaves
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 3 medium size onions
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tblsp corriander Powder
- 1 tblsp Cummin Powder.
- Seasame seeds (Optional)
- Green chillies (Optional)
- Oil for deep frying.
- 3 Tblsp yoghurt
- Crushed Garlic
- Lime juice
- Soak the chick pes overnight or 5-6 hours.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Grind the chick peas in a food processor untill crumbly.
- Add all the other ingredients and process until it forms a smooth paste.
- Make Balls and flatten them.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- To make the dip mix all the ingredients.
- Serve the hot flafel with the dip on the side.