Rich & Moist Date Cake
- 600g Dates
- 160ml Cold water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 11/2 Cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 100g Brown sugar
- 125g Butter
- Add dates, water and brown sugar in to a pot and bring it to the boil.
- Take out and add butter and bicarb and mix well. Leave to cool.
- Next add eggs into a mixing bowl and beat well. Next add the flour and dates and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in to a 9x9 inch baking tray and bake on 180c about 45 min.
- Leave on wire racks to cool completely.
- You can freeze this cake too.