Potato & Sultana Buns (Simple Baking)
- 400g Bread flour
- 50g Caster sugar
- 6g Salt
- 6g Yeast
- 35g Milk
- 100g Mashed Potatoes
- 190ml Cold Water
- 1 Egg
- 60g Margarine
- 150g Sultana
- 200ml Milk
- 75g Instant custard powder
- Add flour, milk powder, yeast, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the egg, mashed potatoes,water and make a smooth dough. Add margarine and keep on kneading for 15 min.
- Put the dough in to a greased bowl to double in size.
- Add milk and custard together and cook on low heat to consistency you can pipe.
- Add flour on to the bench and knead the dough adding sultana. you can do this as the final step when mixing in the machine.
- Cut the dough in to equal size portions and then bake balls.
- Leave them on baking trays to prove. Brush the tops with eggs.
- Pipe the custard and bake on 180c about 20-30 min.
- Can freeze these buns up to a month or two.