This is a very famous Sri Lankan sweet that every one like to eat. It sounds difficult. But really easy to make. We spend so much money to buy them as its a very expensive sweet too. When you fry them fry several days before and fry for the second time to get the soft aasmis. If you fry once only it will be a bit harder. So make sure you fry them when you have time and fry for the second time before using too.
Aasmi (A famous Sri Lankan Sweet)
- 500g Rice flour
- 2-3 cups thick coconut milk
- Davul kurundu (Hand full) or okra juice (Use 500g okra)
- Coconut oil for frying
- 250g sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Food colouring
- Add thick coconut milk in to the rice flour and make a thick batter.
- Next add okra juice and mix well.
- Use your fingers to feel the consistency.
- The mixture consistency should be a continuous flow when you do them. (Please watch the video)
- When the oil is hot use your fingers to make aasmi.
- Next over lap them soon before get hardened.
- Store them to get the oil out for 4-5 days and fry for the second time to make them softer. (Always control the flame)
- Then make the sugar syrup and pour on to the aasmi and leave to set.