Strawberry & Lime Jelly Cakes
- 6 Eggs
- 2 different flavours of jelly crystals
- 55g Self raising flour
- 55g corn flour
- 80g plain flour
- 160g sugar
- 11/2 cups of desiccated coconuts
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare the jelly and leave in the fridge to be like unbeaten egg white consistency.
- Add the eggs in to a mixing bowl and beat 8 min on high speed.
- Next add sugar little by little and mix on high speed until thick and pale in colour.
- Add flours and mix on speed one or use a spatula to fold the flours in to the eggs.
- Grease a 9x9 inch cake pan or a Leamington tray and spread evenly.
- Bake on 180c about 20-30 min.
- Transfer the cake on to wire rack and cover with a baking paper and leave to cool down.
- Cut the cake in to squares and dip in the jelly and cover with coconut.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
- If you like can cut in to half and sandwich with cream and serve with ice cream.