Spring Onion Bread Rolls (Soft & Moist)
For the Topping
- 1 bunch spring onions/scallion cut finely
- 1 Egg
- 50 -70 g Butter
- 1 egg for egg wash
For the 1st Bread dough
- 2 1/2 tsp Dry instant yeast (2 of 7g Satchets)
- 2 1/2 Tblsp warm water
- 2 Tblsp Sugar
- 225 ml warm water
- 425 g Bread Flour
For adding after proving the dough
- 4 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 75 g Caster sugar
- 1Tsp salt
- 190 g Bread flour
- 60 ml Water
- Add warm water and sugar in to the dry yeast and leave in a warm place to activate about 10 min.
- Then add flour and yeast in to the mixing bowl and add water little by little while mixing.
- Knead the dough about 5 min.
- Then leave about 40 min to prove in a warm place covering with a damp cloth.
- After 40 min take the dough out and punch down and add other ingredients except water & oil.
- Add water and oil while kneading.
- Knead the dough another 5-6 min.
- Then leave to rest 15- 20 min.
- Prepare spring onion and eggs adding enough salt and leave aside.
- Take the dough and add flour to the bench top.
- Knead about 2 min.
- Make rolls and arrange them on a tray.
- Once the dough rise cut length way using a sharp knife.
- Add prepared spring onions in to the middle.
- Leave in a warm place until double in size.
- Egg wash and bake 180c about 20-30 min.