Chocolate & Cinnamon Babka
- 600g of Plain Flour
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Yolks
- Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 200g of Softened Butter
- 200ml of Warm Milk
- 12g of Dry Yeast
For the FIlling
- 75g of Butter
- 110g of Brown Sugar
- 30 g of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder
- 100g of Chocolate
For the topping
- 210g of Icing Sugar
- 30g of Butter
- 2 Tblsp water
- Add yeast and warm milk with sugar in to the mixing bowl and leave to activate.
- Add Add flour and eggs and mix.
- Add milk little by little.
- Knead the dough 10-15 min.
- Then knead about 5 min on the bench top adding flour if needed.
- Make a bowl put in to a greased bowl and leave in a warm place until double in size.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling and leave a side.
- Punch down the dough and and roll in to a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the mix all over the dough and roll in to a log.
- Leave again to prove about 30 -40 min.
- Brush the top with milk
- Bake on 180 about 30-40 min until the skewer inserted comes out clean and gives a hollow sound.
- Leave to cool down.
- Mix the icing ingredients in a heat proof bowl.
- Put it on a simmering water and leave to melt.
- Pour that in to a piping bag.
- Cut the end and pour on to the cooled babka.
- Cut in to pieces after 10 min.
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee.