There are two ways of doing cake pops. Do bake them in original pop maker or using ready made cake. The easy way of doing it to use the left over cake and crumble it, or make a cake and crumble it. You can either use one flavour or different flavours if you are making them in bulk.
This is a really easy and a quick way of making them for kids birthday parties or any other function.
you can make them a day ahead and store in fridge to take them once you want them. Or even as a snack for the kids.
When you crumble a cake and adding sweeteners it becomes little so if you want a lot you will need a big cake. From 500g of cake I made only 10.
Cake Pops (Quick & easy ) from left over cake.
- Cake (Specially leftovers)
- Strawberry jam/ or any other flavour.
- Bees honey / Molasses
- Shredded coconut/ Desiccated coconut
- Crushed mixed nuts
- Food colouring
- Lollypop sticks
- A bowl or a form board to hold the pops or a cake pop holder
- Chocolate/ dark or white or both.
- Crumble the cake.
- Add Jam & honey or any other sweetener you are using until it becomes a sticky dough. (Do not add once, add little by little)
- Then make balls according the size you wish.
- Put that in the fridge for 30 min or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate over simmering water mixing several times.
- Leave it to cool down a bit before using.
- Take the pops out from the fridge and insert the sticks and secure it.
- Arrange different types of sprinkles in bowls on the bench top.
- Dip the balls in chocolate & decorate with sprinkles.
- Press them on to the holder.