Date Chutney (Rata Indi Chutney)
- - 350g of Dates
- -5-10 cloves Garlic
- - 2 inches cleaned Ginger
- - 2 Tablespoons of Mustard Powder
- - 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- - 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Chillie Powder
- - Several Cloves
- -5 pods or Cardamom Seeds
- - 2 inches Cinnamon
- - 1-2 cups Vinegar
- - Sultana
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Grind or process garlic,ginger, mustard ,pepper,chillie powder,cloves, cardamom seeds, cinnamon with a bit of vinegar.
- Add 1-2 cups vinegar in to a pot and leave it to be hot on the stove.
- Add the ground spice paste and salt in to the vinegar and bring it to the boil.
- Add dates and sulthana, and sugar if you like it more sweeter.
- Cook several minutes until dates are fluffy.
- From the back of the spoon mash the dates.
- Put in serelized jars.