I got this recipe from a very good friend of mine. Every time I go there I like to have her pickled pork. Its really yummy. Leaving to mature the flavours make it a wonderful dish to accompany rice or with a glass of beer. :)
Sri Lankan Style pickled Pork
- Boiled and Sliced Pork
- Mustard Sauce (Available in Sri Lankan Shops)
- Asian Shallots or onion
- Several cloves of Garlic
- Several green chillies sliced (Optional)
- 1 -2 Tblsp oil
- Boil the pork in Salt & Vinegar about 1-1.30 hours or until it is soft. ( Add 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 tblsp salt to the water)
- Take the pork out and leave to rest 1/2 an hour. Then slice in to very thin pieces.
- Lay the pork on a platter with out overlapping each other.
- Fry onion and garlic and add the mustard sauce. Pour the hot sauce over the meat and leave to cool. After leave in fridge at least overnight to mature before serving. (Can keep in fridge up to a week)