Curried Potato Buns (Simple Baking)
- 510g Bread flour
- 8g Instant dry yeast
- 1 Egg
- 25g Sugar
- 60g Butter
- 200-300ml Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
For the filling
- 500g Boiled diced Potatoes
- Curry Leaves
- Green Chillies
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Green peas
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 Tblsp Cream or coconut milk
- Add yeast, Sugar and half of the warm water to a mixing bowl. Leave to prove.
- Add flour, Salt & Egg to the mixing bowl and mix well & keep on kneading 15 min.
- While kneading add water little by little until it makes a smooth dough.
- Next Grease a bowl and leave to prove in a warm place.
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onions, chilli curry leaves salt & pepper.
- Next add spices and the potatoes and cream and cook several min . Leave to cool down.
- Sprinkle flour on to the bench top and put the dough and cut in to 12 portions.
- Roll the dough to a triangular shape (Watch Video)
- Next add a spoon full of the curried potatoes on to the wider part of the dough and seal as directed in the video.
- Leave the prepared buns to double in size.
- After brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180c about 15-20 in.