These buns can be made several days ahead for kids lunch boxes or can freeze to reheat when needed.
Spring Onion and cheese Bread Rolls
- 425 g Bread Flour
- 170ml Milk
- 20g Butter
- 4 g Salt
- 12g Yeast
- 15g Sugar
- 11/2 Eggs
- Mozzarella or any othe r cheese to your choice
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions finely sliced
- Add sugar and the yeast in to the warm milk and leave to activate several minutes.
- Add flour and salt in to a mixing bowl adding butter and eggs
- Next add yeast little by little and knead until it forms a nice soft dough. (about 10-15 min)
- Put that in to a greased bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- After take out and put that on to a floured bench top and divide in to 9 equal size portions.
- Roll them to a rectangle.
- Put spring onions and cheese in to the middle and roll to a log shape and secure the edges.
- Brush the tops with eggs and sprinkle spring onions and cheese.
- Bake on 180c about 25-30 min.