Horse gram or kollu is a legume that people are not interested in. But it has lots of aurvedic values. My grandmother was a very healthy person until the day she passed away. She used to drink the water of horse gram every week. I read several articles about horse gram and found out that it is really good for kidneys and diebetics.
Horse gram wade (Kollu wade)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Horsegram(Kollu) (Soaked overnight)
- - 1 Tablespoon of Maldive Fish Flakes
- - Chillies
- - Curry Leaves or Parsley
- - 1 Onion
- - 1 Teaspoon of Chillie Flakes
- - 1 Teaspoon of Coriander Powder
- - 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- Soak the horse gram overnight and process in a grinder or food processer.
- Add all the ingredients and make balls or flat wadas.( Add a bit flour if needed)
- Deep fry until golden brown.