- 250g bread flour
- 30g sugar
- 4g salt
- 1 large egg
- 120ml of full cream milk
- 75g softened butter
- 3g yeast
- 50g of whole cashews
- 50g silvered almonds
- Cinnamon sugar (combine cinnamon & sugar)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Add the yeast, salt, flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and start kneading it on a medium speed, while it's coming together slowly add the milk. Mix this for about 5 mins.
- Then add the butter, mix this for bout 10 mins, until it's a visible doughy texture. When it has finished mixing, place it in a clean bowl, cover it with a tea towel and let it prove in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- After it has proved, place some flour on a mat or bench, flour you hand as the dough is quite sticky, place it on the bench and spread it out. Flour both sides of the dough until you don't feel the stickiness any more.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle shape. Add a hand-full (or how ever much you please) of the cinnamon sugar to the middle and spread it around the top of the dough. Fold the dough in half and roll it again into a longer rectangular shape. Cut this in half in length not width. Start twisting each piece of dough, then place the pieces of dough next to each other and start overlapping the two pieces of dough. Tuck the ends of the dough to make a twisted circle. Prove this again until doubled in size.
- Place the nuts and cinnamon sugar together on a plate or sheet of baking paper. Using egg yolk or melted butter brush the top of the proven dough and place in the nut cinnamon mixture. Throughly cover it before proving it for another few minutes.
- Place it in the oven for about 10-20 minutes. Serve warm.