Lime Syrup Cake (Simple Baking)
- 170g Self Raising Flour
- 55g Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tblsp Lime rime
- 2 eggs
- 125g Butter
- 65ml milk
- 140g Sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Lime juice
- Cream butter and sugar lime rind together until sugar dissolves.
- Next add eggs one by one and whisk until pale in colour.
- Next add flours, milk and sour cream . Mix well.
- Pour in to a greased baking tray and bake on 180c until a skiver inserted comes out clean.
- Mix 1/2 cup water with sugar and lime juice.
- Prick the cake when it is hot and pour the lime syrup on top and leave to cool down.
- Serve with cream and ice cream or as it is.