- 250g bread flour
- 4g salt
- 15ml thickened cream
- 160ml of water
- 30g sugar
- 25ml full cream milk
- 5g yeast
- 12g softened butter
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Add the sugar, flour,milk, cream, salt and yeast (keep the salt and yeast on separate sides) start mixing this by hand, and slowly start adding the water, until it's a soft yet floury dough. Leave aside for 1 hour before kneading.
- Once it has been an hour, add the butter, then knead the dough by hand or electrical mixer for about 5-6 mins, then prove the dough in a warm (30 degrees) place until it has doubled in size.
- Flour the bench and your hands, place the dough on the bench, add some more flour to stop the stickiness and pat it down. Then cut the dough into preferred equal sized pieces. Take a piece and keep tucking the edges in to the dough about 5 time, then roll into a round circle like shape (or any shape you like). Then prove these rolls until it has doubled in size.
- Dust some flour on the rolls and place it in the oven for about 10-15mins.
- Serve warm with some butter or jam.