This cake is very soft and moist. Omit nuts if you dont like nuts.You can serve this with butter scotch sauce as a dessert too.
Sticky Date Cake
- 1 Cup of Self raising flour.
- 2 Eggs
- 20g Cashew nuts and walnuts
- 125g Brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Bicarb
- 1 Cup of hot water
- 230g Dates.
- Add hot water to dates and bring it to the boil.
- Add bicarb and leave to cool down.
- Add butter and sugar in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- While mixing add the eggs.
- Add nuts and self raising flour and mix well.
- Next add the dates.
- Mix and pour in to trays.
- Bake 180 about 40 min 1 hour.
- Cool on wire racks.