I really love this fish pie, as I can prepare it a day before. This taste nice and easy to make. When you are busy with your work it s hard to cook after work. Prepare this the day before or before going to work. Once come back after work pop it in the oven and relax. Green chillies are optional and instead of dill you can add any herb that you like to add .
After baking leave the fish pie to rest several minutes to set.
- 500 g Fish Fillets
- 250 g Prawns
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cup Dill Leaves
- 20g Butter
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tblsp stock powder
- Several Green chillies (optional)
- Bay leaves
- 2 tblsp Plain flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar or mozarella cheese.
- Steam the fish about 10 minutes.
- Add the buuter in to a pan melt the butter.
- Add onion, Garlic and dill. Cook about a minute.
- Add flour in to the Pan with the bay leaves .Cook the flour.
- Then add the salt pepper and the nutmegAnd the chillies.
- Then add the milk, mix well.
- Make a smooth thick sauce.
- Flake the fish. Dont break the fish in to tiny pieces.
- Add lime zest and the lime juice in to the fish.
- Add enough salt & pepper in to the fish.
- Pour the white sauce in to the fish and mix.
- Then use ramekins or pyrex dish to pour the fish.
- Spread cheese or bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 180 about 20 min.