Sri Lankan Sweet Bread (Method)
- 600g Bread flour
- 300ml Warm water
- 100g Sugar
- 8g Salt
- 70g Butter
- 1/2 tsp Bread improver
- 9g instant dry yeast
- Jam or honey for the glaze
- Add the bread flour , bread improver, yeast,salt ,sugar and mix well. after add water little by little and knead 10 min.
- Next add butter and knead another 20 min.
- When the dough is ready put the dough in to a greased bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- Next cut the dough in to two.
- Roll the dough to a log and roll like a coil.
- Leave to double in size.
- Next egg wash and bake 20 min on 180c.
- Take out and glaze the bread and bake another 10 min.
- Cool on wire rack.