Festive Chocolate Fruit Cake ____Episode 1000
- 525g Mixed dry fruits
- 130g chopped dates
- 130g dried prunes
- 70g red and greed glazed cherries
- 180ml brandy
- 75ml honey
- 125g butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50g dark chocolate
- 75g of mixed nuts
- 150g plain flour
- 75g self-raising flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- Into a bowl, add the chopped dates, prunes, cherries, nuts, mixed fruit, honey and the brandy. Make sure to mix it well and leave it overnight in a cool dark environment.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a standard mixing bowl add the butter, brown sugar, and mix this on a medium speed until it's creamy. While it's still mixing add the eggs 1 by 1 for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the cocoa powder, and the flour, mix this with a wooden spoon by hand or e on the mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix this for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the cake batter to the fruit mixture, then add the chocolate. Mix this until you get a smooth but chunky batter. Making sure that all the fruits are covered in the batter.
- Using a 23inch cake pan, making it's well oiled and layered with baking paper. Transfer the cake mix into the pan and bake this for about 2 hours or 3 hours.
- Before decorating, make sure cake is fully cooled or serve by itself. For the cake I'm using a marzipan top. If you want to know how to make it, please go to my channel.