Wholemeal Bread (Simple Baking)
- 350g Bread flour
- 150g Wholemeal flour
- 5g Salt
- 7g Yeast
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 310ml Warm Water
- 30g Butter
- Add the bread flour, wholemeal flour,sugar,salt,yeast and start mixing adding warm water little by little until it becomes a smooth dough. Knead about 5 min.
- Next add butter and mix another 20 min.
- Leave the prepared dough in a warm place until it double in size.
- Next add the flour on to the bench, punch the dough and roll to a rectangular shape and roll to a log and put in a loaf pan.
- Leave to double in size again.
- Brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180c about 30-40min or when you tap it gives a hollow sound.
- Cool on a wire rack.