Soft & Moist Milk Bread (Updated) (Simple Baking)
- 300g Bread
- 30g Sugar
- 8g Yeast
- 25g Milk powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 50g Whipped cream
For the roux
- 20g Bread flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook the roux ingredients and leave in fridge several hours or over night.
- Add the bread flour, roux,sugar,milk powder, yeast,salt , egg and whipping cream in to a mixing bowl and start kneading adding the milk little by little.
- Do not add all the milk at once as the it will vary on the size of the egg that you are using.
- Next Keep on kneading 15 min. (Make sure the that the kneading process and good yeast plays a big role in this recipe)
- After kneading put the dough on to the bench and and keep kneading another 2 min.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and leave in a warm place until double in size.
- take the dough and put that on to a floured bench and divide in to 4 equal parts.
- Use the instruction s in video to roll the dough.
- Put the dough in to a loaf pan to double in size again.
- Brush the tops with eggs and bake on 180c about 40 to 45 min. (Use the lower rack to bake bread if not using fan bake.)
- Cool on a wire rack.