- 3 large eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g self-raising flour
- 25ml milk
- 20g cocoa powder
- 30 butter
- 200g dark chocolate melts
- 30g butter
- 1/2tbps glucose syrup
- 1tsp vanilla
- 170 chocolate melts
- 300ml thickened cream
- 100g whipping cream
- 170 whit chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Into a standard mixing bowl add the sugar, butter, beat this on medium speed for about 2mins. While still mixing add the eggs 1 by 1 and keep mixing for another 2mins. Then add the cocoa powder, milk and flour, mix until it's all smooth and combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin, make sure to line it first. Bake this for 10mins
- When the sponge is cooled and ready, cut the cake into two half, splitting the cake into two circles.
- Heat 50ml whipping cream onto and then pour it onto the milk chocolate, leave it to cool down a bit then start mixing the two until the chocolate makes a smooth ganache.
- Then whip 150ml thickened cream until it forms a soft peak, then add the ganache slowly and keep whisking for about 2mins. Using a spatula spread this onto the sponge and leave it in the fridge for about 3 hours or overnight.
- Repeat the first two steps for with the white chocolate.
- Then use the dark chocolate to make a glaze, using a microwaveable bowl add the dark chocolate, glucose, vanilla and butter, melt this until smooth and creamy.
- Place the other half of the sponge onto the filled sponge and place in the fridge or freezer for an hour, then pour the chocolate glaze on top. let it cool down and harden, then it's ready to serve.