Watermelon bread (Simple Baking)
This bread just tastes like normal Raisins bread.
- 320g Bread flour
- 145ml Water
- 5g Yeast
- 3g Salt
- Green & Red food colouring
- 40g Sugar
- 50g dried Blueberries, Sultana, raisins or cranberries
- 25ml oil
- 35g Eggs
- Add the flour in to a mixing bowl , yeast,sugar, eggs, Salt and water. Keep on mixing for 5 minutes.
- Next add oil and knead another 10 more min.
- When the dough ready put it in a greased bowl and leave in a warm place to double in size.
- When double in size divide the dough put in on to a floured bench top. Divide the dough in to two equal parts.
- Then divide one part in to two equal parts. (Watch video)
- Next add red or pink food colouring to the larger piece knead well.
- Leave one small piece as it is and and add green food colouring to the next knead and leave aside.
- Roll the pink dough and sprinkle the berries equally and roll to a log.
- Roll the white to a rectangular shape and cover the red as shown in the video.
- Next roll the green in to a rectangular shape and cover the prepared log. Secure the edges.
- Put in to a greased loaf pan and leave in a warm place until double in size.
- When it is ready take out and brush the top with eggs and bake on 180c about 20-30 min or until gives a hollow sound.
- Put on wire rack to cool down.