Baked Whole Fish with Spicy Tamarind and Chilli Sauce
- Whole trout or any other kind fish with soft flesh
- 50g tamarind pulp
- 1 salad onion or asian shallots
- 3inches Ginger
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- 5 Red Chillies
- 50ml Fish sauce
- Spring onions for filling and garnishing
- Some shredded red chillies
- 30 ml olive oil or any other oil
- Process all the ingredients except spring onions and chillies.
- Cut lines across the fish until you touch the bones.
- Transfer the fish on to a baking tray.
- Fill the cavity with some spring onion leaves.
- Fill the fish with the processed ingredients.
- Leave to marinate several hours.
- Bake on 180c about 10 min.
- Take out and sprinkle the chillies and spring onions and spray oil and cook further 10-15 min.
- Serve with plain rice.