Nyonya Style Fried Rice (Quick & Easy Meals)
- 200g fresh prawns
- green part of spring onions for garnishing
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp soaked in boiling water and washed
- Asian shallots or one large onion
- 4 Red chillies (Fresh or if dried please soak them several hours)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tblsp sugar
- 3 Tblsp light soy sauce with one tsp dark soy sauce
- 1-2 Tblsp Oil
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 Eggs
- Process the shrimp.
- Next process onion ,garlic & chillies.
- Add oil in to a wok and fry the processed onion mix for 5 min.
- After add prawns and cook 2 more min.
- Next add the processed dried prawns and cook two more min.
- After add the cooked rice & mix well.
- Next make a well in the centre and add the eggs and leave to settle. After start scrambling it and mix with the rice.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Next add sugar, soy sauces and mix well.
- Add the spring onions. Mix well.
- Serve hot.