Bakery Style Pretzels (Simple Baking)
For the sponge dough
- 100g Bread flour
- 1/4 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 85ml water
For the Main dough
- 510g Plain flour
- 10g Salt
- 55g Sugar
- 7g instant dry Yeast
- 300ml cold water
- 11/2 olive oil
For the solution for dipping pretzels
- 700ml cold water
- 15g Bicarbonate of soda
For brushing pretzels
- Softened butter
- Herbs Chopped finely
- Sesame seeds
- Garlic or any topping ti your liking
- Prepare the sponge dough and leave in fridge overnight.
- Add the flour,roux, sugar, yeast, salt and olive oil & knead 15 min adding water little by little.
- Put the prepared dough in a greased bowl until double in size.
- Flour the bench top and put the dough on to the flour and punchdown and cut the dough in to equal size portions.
- Roll the dough and make pretzels as directed in the video.
- Leave the prepared dough on baking trays to prove.
- Mix bicarb and water and dip the pretzels and leave them on baking trays, egg wash and bake 8 min on 190c.
- After apply butter and bake on 180c about 10 min.
- Brush the tops again with butter.
- Leave on wire racks to cool down. Garnish as you wish.