Red Velvet Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake
- 125g Butter
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 11/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 Tblsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp to 1 Tblsp Red food colouring
- 120ml Butter milk
- 11/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 Tblsp Vinegar
For the cream cheese frosting
- 125g Softened butter
- 200g White chocolate
- 250g Cream Cheese
- Prepare a 22cm round cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Add butter and sugar in to a mixing bowl and mix well until creamy.
- While beating add eggs one by one and beat well.
- After add cocoa powder, bicarb and flour and mix well.
- Add red food colouring and milk little by little and mix well.
- Transfer the mix to the tray and bake on 180 about 30-40 min.
- After baking transfer it on to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut the cake in to two halve or three if you like.
- Melt the chocolate over simmering water of in the microwave.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy and add cooled white chocolate.
- Ice the chocolate as you wish.