Fish rotis are one of my favourite rotis. Before making them by my self I used to buy them from take away shops in Sri Lanka. They are quite expensive. But worth buying when you are lazy to cook or no time to cook. But the money you spen to buy 2 or 3 , if you spend the same to buy the ingredients you can make 20 with out a problem.
Not only that the advantage is you exactly know whats in it too. You can cook them and freeze or put in air tight containers in the fridge for several days.Once you know the technique its really easy.
Always adjust level of fish , vegetables and spices to your liking.
This is the link for making godamba roti.
Fish Roti ( Fish Filling in unleavened Flat bread)
- Godamba roti dough ( Can get the recipe from my channel)
- Boiled potatoes
- Curry leaves
- 1 can mackeral
- 1 onion finely sliced
- Chillie powder
- Curry powder
- Oil for stir frying.
- Add oil in to a pan and fry onion, garlic and curry leaves.
- After several minutes add carrot, leeks and chillies, spices and salt.
- Add stock powder to get a bit more flavour.
- Add the fish & mashed potato cook until it becomes sticky.
- Leave it to cool down.
- Take the godamba roti dough and flatten each in to a long rectangular shape.
- Put the filling in to a corner and fold it over from corner to the other untill it becomes a triangle.
- Put a pan on the stove and cook them turning from side to side.